Please give a warm welcome to Lorene Stunson Hill, author of
To Dance with Ugly People
- What is your name and where do you call home? Lorene Stunson Hill. I live in Lake Helen, Florida.
- Do you have a pen name? No, but considered using Amethyst (My birthstone).
- What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or fewer words, what would you say? To Dance with Ugly People – The good is sensitively written. The bad is the reality of life. The ugly we hope will never happen.
- Is the above book part of a series? The first of a series
- What or who inspired you to start writing? Maya Angelou was my inspiration to write and so was Life. I coped very often with bad things by imaging the situation on a written page. And how long have you been writing? I am 64 and have been writing since I was 14. It took me 50 years to be brave enough to release my first book.
- How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book(s)? A fellow Indie Author who is a friend found that cover for me. He is launching his own Indie business called Lock Publishing.
- Did you listen to any particular songs while writing your book(s)? No
- How did you come up with the title for your book(s)? I met an older and wise woman 30 years ago whose clever way of telling me to live right and be careful was, “Don’t Dance with Ugly People.” My title “To Dance with Ugly People,” reflects that my protagonist did not follow her advise.
- Do you have a book trailer? Yes If so where can we watch it? http://youtu.be/T3d3ErQoZsM
- Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hard-covers or audio-books? Hard Covers and Paperbacks
- Are you a self-published/Indie author? Yes
- If you’re a self-published/Indie author what made you go that route instead of the traditional publishing route? I couldn’t seem to write a Query letter that draws an Agents attention
- Have you ever read a book more than once? Yes And if so what was it? “The Color Purple”
- What is your opinion of novellas? Go for it! Many famous novellas exist. Look at “The Bridges of Madison County” Wish I wrote it!
- Have you ever read a book just based on its cover? No
- What is your favorite film based on a book? Back to “The Color Purple”
- What is your favorite book genre at the moment? Suspense
- What books have made it onto your wish list recently? I don’t currently have a wish list because I am so busy promoting my book
- What book are you reading at the moment? “A Day Late and A Dollar Short” And in what format? As a Paperback
- If you could invite any four (4) celebrities (alive or dead) to your dinner party, who would you invite and why? 1. Maya Angelou 2. Barack Obama 3. Michelle Obama 4. Oprah Winfrey – I would want to pluck as much “Wisdom” from their brains as I could. They all are “deep” individuals
- What’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing? To stop writing like I am afraid someone would find out something about me. To write well, I can only write what I know, stop being a coward and go for it.
- Do you have any hobbies that are not related to reading & writing? I like to build and decorate dollhouses using kits.
- Where can your readers follow you?
Goodreads author page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8029610.Lorene_Stunson_Hill
Thank you Lorene for sharing your story with us and giving us a small peek into your writing world.
Pingback: Author Interview – Lorene Stunson Hill | todancewithuglypeople