As you all know, I invite authors of all genres to visit my website and submit interviews. Today, I would like to welcome Christian author Jimi Akanbi to my blog today to share a little about his process and his books.
- What is your name and where do you call home?
Jimi Akanbi, my home is Atlanta, Georgia.
- Do you have a pen name?
- What is the name of your most recent book and if you had to sum it up in 20 or fewer words, what would you say?
Almost Lost Hope: From Struggles to Triumph, the naked truth about my life.
- Is the above book part of a series?
- What or who inspired you to start writing? And how long have you been writing?
I write as I am inspired by God. I have been writing for 2 years.
- How did you come up with the cover? Who designed the cover of your book(s)?
A professional designer from Croatia.
- Did you listen to any particular songs while writing your book(s)?
Yes, gospel songs.
- How did you come up with the title for your book(s)?
I relied on God.
- Do you have a book trailer? If so where can we watch it?
- Do you prefer e-books, paperbacks, hard-covers or audio-books?
books and paperbacks
- Are you a self-published/Indie author?
- If you’re a self-published/Indie author what made you go that route instead of the traditional publishing route?
Higher royalties, more control and own rights to my books.
- Have you ever read a book more than once? And if so what was it?
Yes, “Battlefield of the Mind” by Joyce Meyer
- What is your opinion of novellas?
As long as they are quality books, then they are great.
- Have you ever read a book just based on its cover?
- What is your favorite film based on a book?
Heaven is For Real
- What is your favorite book genre at the moment?
- What books have made it onto your wish list recently? And why?
Your Best Life Now, it was recommended.
- What book are you reading at the moment? And in what format?
Become a Better You, Paperback
- If you could invite any four (4) celebrities (alive or dead) to your dinner party, who would you invite and why?
Tyler Perry, Joel Osteen, Max Lucado and Bishop Jakes. They really inspire me.
- What’s the best advice that you have been given when it comes to writing?
Believe in your work.
- Do you have any hobbies that aren’t related to reading & writing?
Sports and movies
- Where can your readers follow you?
Books by Jimi Akanbi
In Understanding the Benefits of Mankind, Jimi Akanbi discusses seven crucial principles from God’s perspective: money, marriage, time, sex, power, materials and life.
These seven principles given to man by God can become curses if misapplied. Jimi shows you how to align your ways with God by following these seven principles.
Life can be a battle, millions of people around the world struggle on a daily basis, but with the help of this book, people who are struggling can see the light at the end of the tunnel. By reading this book, people who have problems in their life will learn how to turn the negative problems into positive solutions.
In Almost Lost Hope, the author “Jimi” relays a collection of true-life accounts which makes him the person he is today.
Jimi also gives an account of his success as the fastest runner of all time in his high school and state. He writes about his unusual and intriguing dating and love life.
The story includes how he constantly skipped class lectures in high school and still graduated top of his class. Also, due to a medical condition in college, went from receiving “A’s” to getting “F’s”, yet ultimately becoming a great “A” student. He shares what he went through when he did not see his little son for almost four years.
Jimi discusses how he was so afraid of public speaking and reading, but one day overcame it through a Divine act. The author gives a report about the unorthodox way he was inspired to start writing on a professional level.
To visit Jimi’s Amazon Author page or to read about more of his books click here!