INTERVIEW QUESTIONS FOR THE NEXT BIG THING
(When you post this interview on your blog, don’t forget to substitute your book image and answers for mine.)
* What is the title of your book(s) (or story/stories)?
My Blood Angel series books are titled: Awaken (book 1), Beginnings (book 2), and Revenge (book 3)
My SECTOR C Series books are titled: The Chosen (book 2) and The Hunted (book 2 – coming soon)
* Where did the idea come from for these books?
I have always loved the supernatural/paranormal stories. I’m a huge fan of horror films that include vampires, witches, shapeshifters, zombies, and anything out of the realm of normal possibilities. Because of that, my writing doesn’t sway too far from the supernatural and paranormal.
The Blood Angel Series takes place in Atlanta, Michigan, a small town in the northern part of the lower peninsula, where I spent most of my summers as a child. I have always had a very active imagination and spending so much time camping and being outdoors I think my childhood plays a big part in how I write.
* What genre do your books fall under?
Young Adult Supernatural/Paranormal Fiction
* What is the one to two-sentence synopsis of your book(s)?
- Awaken: What if everything you thought you knew about yourself and the world turned out to be wrong?
- Beginnings: Would you give up everything and everyone you knew in life, just to survive your destiny? What if you didn’t have a choice?
- Revenge: Dying in her father’s arms only to awaken in a pool of blood, surrounded by the mutilated corpses of those she loved most, who could blame Alee for what she did next? Wouldn’t you seek REVENGE?
- SECTOR C ~ The Chosen: When your only choices are vampirism, lycanthropy, breeder, blood donor, or banishment to the Wastelands, what choice do you really have?
* Will your book(s) be self-published or represented by an agency? I self-published all of my books through Create Space (paperbacks) and BookTango (eBooks).
I self-published all of my books through Create Space (paperbacks) and BookTango (eBooks).
* How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?
The first book in the Blood Angel Series, Awaken, took about one and a half years from start to finish (published). The others came a bit more quickly, but I have published one book per year since 2012 when Awaken was published.
The first book in the SECTOR C Series, The Chosen, took one month to write the first draft, but from start to finish (published) it took five months. I am working on book 2, The Hunted, right now, and I am about 22 chapters in writing my first draft.
* What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?
With the Blood Angel Series I would say; The Vampire Diaries, the House of Night Series, the Morganville Vampires Series, and other YA supernatural books.
With the SECTOR C Series I think a quote from one of the reviews I received says it best: “Think of a recipe that has a dash of Hunger Games, a pinch of Mystic Falls and a splash of Divergent. Then mix it all thoroughly with Nina’s flair of the supernatural and you have a great novel called Sector C.”
* Who or what inspired you to start writing?
I started writing poetry when I was pretty young. Then, as I got older (college and after) I started acting. The idea of becoming different characters, be it through theatre or film, helped to expand my writing from just poetry into screenplays. After I had left Los Angeles, I began writing short stories and then novels.
Don’t forget to add at least five more authors to the network by linking to them on your blog.
You can contact me at BloodAngelSeries@gmail.com.
Good luck with your marketing!