Okay, so at the start of the new year I set myself up for either an EPIC FAIL or a huge success. What road have I started down? Not sure yet.
I laid out 6 New Year’s Resolutions for 2014 that I was hoping to stick with. Its March 3rd… lets see how I’m doing so far:
2014 – New Year’s Resolutions:
- Run a 5K – SUCCESS!!! I ran my first 5k on February 8th and finished with a time of 28:31. I was so proud of myself and so excited that I have continued to run. I haven’t done another organized 5k again, YET, but I run just about every other day (outside, treadmill, or elliptical depending on the weather and how my knees are holding up) and never less than 5.1 miles (5k). My time keeps getting better, and just the other day I ran it in 28 minutes flat. I will register for another organized 5k again this year… maybe when the weather gets a little better.
- Run a 10K – IN PROGRESS!!! I still have time… just not there yet. 🙂
- Publish my 3rd book… IN PROGRESS!!! Okay, well the third book is still going through the editing process, so this isn’t done yet, but I do see it coming out in the next couple of months. I have already been told I need to start on book 4, but I’m not really sure if that is in the cards for this series yet. I have to see how book three ends after all the edits/rewrites first.
- 6 Week Ab Workout – SUCCESS!!! Yes, I completed it AGAIN… But, I’m only doing it the once this year, or at least this time. I might do it again later, but with all the running I’m doing right now – my abs are looking better than ever. I think the 6 Week Ab Workout is great for those people just beginning to push themselves into a regular workout routine but for me… the running is doing what I need. I’m back down to my pre-baby weight, as in before both kids… before marriage… Heck, I’m back to my college weight. Very proud of that fact, and as I said before my abs haven’t looked better. Gotta keep running!
- Join a gym – SUCCESS!!! So, I decided to add going to the gym to my list of New Year’s Resolutions not to keep losing weight, but to tone, feel better about myself, and gain a little extra energy. They say a healthy body makes for a healthier person… I wanted to see if that is true! Well, I haven’t been lifting weights or anything, but I do visit the gym on a regular basis… as in I run every other day… and most of the time it is at the gym. I do want to start doing a bit of the weights, but that will come with time. For now, I am just happy to be on a regular schedule and feeling good about the exercising I’m doing and even better about the body I see in the mirror now.
- Blog a little more – FAIL!!! Okay, so this is the one area I have pretty much failed. I first published my New Year’s Resolutions on January 2, 2014 – Since that blog I have only blogged 4 times (not including this one). I think I can do better. I guess this isn’t really a FAIL yet, because there are 12 months in a year, and we are only at the beginning of March. I will continue to try harder to post more regularly… I promise that, to myself!
All in all, I have to say I’m doing pretty good on my 2014 New Year’s Resolutions. I still have work to do… but having a SUCCESS rating in 3 out of 6 areas, an IN PROGRESS rating in 2 out of 6 areas, and only 1 FAIL so far… yeah, I’m proud of myself.
What about you? How have you been doing on your New Year’s Resolutions? Have you kept them or thrown them to the curb?