Well, August was an epic fail in terms of social media marketing. But, such is life.
So, back in July I made the decision to start focusing on marketing. I did awesome – back in July. August, however, was not a great success. In fact, I would say it was pretty much an epic fail.
Without further ado, let us take a look at the raw data.
- Blog Posts – 3 (I was shooting for 7, but I only posted 3. I guess maybe I should aim lower next time. How about 6 in September, let’s double down!)
- Fiction Writing – In July I completed the manuscript for SECTOR C ~ The Hunted. In August, The Hunted went through the first stages of the editing process (Beta Readers) and plenty of re-writes from me.
- I started reading GREY by EL James. No, it is not YA, but I don’t just read YA. I have not finished it yet.
- This was a slow month for reading. I haven’t finished any books, but that is because I was more focused on edits.
FANS / FOLLOWERS
- WordPress : 171
- Facebook : 311
- Twitter : 1,059
- Instagram : 54
THINGS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
- SECTOR C ~ The Hunted – Book 2 of the SECTOR C Series will be out late October/early November. It is currently with the editor, but I will post a blurb soon, so be watching.
- Author Event- I will be attending the Rocket City Nerd Con in October 2015 and will have copies of all of my books available for purchase.
- YA FICTION NEWSLETTER – The 2nd instalment of my quarterly newsletter all about young adult fiction will be out sometime in November. It will include reading suggestions, reviews, author tips, etc. I hope you will sign up and join the mailing list (I WILL NOT SPAM) to check it out. I will also be doing Newsletter Subscriber Giveaways too. Sign up by clicking HERE .
I’ve linked to all of my social media sites throughout this post, so please help my numbers grow in August!! Friend, Like, Subscribe, and as always, please share my posts with your friends. Lastly, thank you to anyone who follows me and especially to those of you who have read through this entire post. I know it was long, but I think we all need a little accountability in our life. Putting everything out there, is how I hope to keep myself motivated to do all this marketing stuff everyone keeps telling me I need to do.
Sent from my iPhone
LikeLiked by 1 person