KEY INGREDIENTS FOR A STRONG BOOK LAUNCH AND CONSISTENT BOOK SALES:
• Cover Design – YES, people do judge books by their covers! The cover is your books first impression, if people don’t like it they aren’t going to pick it up to read the back blurb (2nd impression).
• Detailed Editing – The more editing the better! Readers will give your book on average 1-3 chapters to impress them, often less.
• Strong Story – Some editing issues can be forgiven as long as your story is strong.
• Marketing – You should start marketing your book at least 6 months prior to the actual book release date.
I want to know your thoughts too!!! Comment below and share your suggestions for ensuring a successful book launch and consistent sales after your book has been published!
As an indie-author, I’m interested in how my readers find my books and knowing which of my marketing efforts are effective. On the flip side, I’d like to know how readers, who haven’t yet found my books, find the books they gravitate toward.
I did a little research. Then, I did a little more. What I found was a list of different ways authors can promote their books. I’m not yet doing them all, but I just might need to add a few more to my list.
AUTHORS… MARKET YOUR BOOKS!
- News paper and magazine press releases, advertisements, interviews, etc.
- Media Appearances (TV or Radio interviews)
- Promotional Items/Giveaways (pens, pads, coffee mugs, free books)
- Social Networking
- In person book signings
- Store events
- Trade shows
- School speaking engagements
- Online press releases, advertisements, interviews, etc.
- Author website or blog
- Blog tours
- Social media direct marketing sales
- Social networking
I’m pretty sure this list isn’t complete, but it’s a start. And no, I’m not yet doing all of these things just yet, but I have begun the plans to expand my marketing reach.
It only makes sense that the more marketing you do, the more prospective readers you’re likely to reach. So, in theory, by using a variety of these methods an author would have a more effective marketing strategy. Which, if done correctly, should increase the overall number of sales in a given year.
If you’re an author and you’d like to share other ways you like promoting your books PLEASE COMMENT BELOW!
If you’re a reader and you’d like to share how you discover new books, PLEASE COMMENT BELOW!